- None of us like the idea that we might be playing the role of a victim. There are many ways that we disguise it. The list is infinite. I will share a few of my personal favorite methods. Anger-The Absolute Block
- “Being right”
- Feeling sorry for myself
- Suppression/ denial
- Disassociating—closing the door on the past
- Identity of being “cool and calm”
- High ideals/ standards
My list would truly fill a thick book. As you are more honest with yourself you can at least give yourself a little credit for creativity.
Write these disguises down.
- Don’t throw this list away.
- The intent about writing down these disguises are to give you more awareness of who you are.
- This step is not intended to be a re-programming step.